For a limited time, receive a freeFodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to kayak around the fjords, watch the northern lights, or explore new Nordic cuisine, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Norway are here to help! Essential Norway, 1st Edition is part of the award-winning Fodor’s Essential series recognized by Booklist as the “Best Travel Guide in 2019.” This guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This BRAND-NEW Norway guide is designed with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
• AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
• PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” LISTS on “Best places to stay awake under the midnight sun, ” “Locals’ guide to experiencing the Northern Lights,” and “Norway’s most dramatic fjords”
• COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
• UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, and more
• MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
• SPECIAL FEATURES on Street Art in Oslo, Norwegian Cuisine, Wildlife Watching Above the Arctic Circle
• COVERS: Oslo, Bergan, Geirangerfjord, Trondheim, the Lofoten Islands, Hurtigruten, Trolltunga, Stavanger, Bodo, Flåm, Tromsø, and more
• 20 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently
• TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
• HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS that provide rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
• LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
• NORWEGIAN LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
Planning on visiting other Nordic destinations? Check out Fodor’s Essential Iceland, 1st Edition and Fodor’s Essential Scandinavia, 2nd Edition.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images included in the physical edition.
From the Publisher
HELPFUL PLANNING ADVICE
Find what you need faster with color-coded category icons and easier-to-read two-column text.
GORGEOUS COLOR PHOTOS
Beautiful photos packed throughout will fuel your wanderlust.
ITINERARIES AND MAPS
Itineraries, maps, travel tips, and neighborhood guides will acquaint you with your destination and help you maximize your time.
IN-DEPTH FEATURES AND EXPLANATIONS
Learn about history, culture, and more with in-depth spotlight features
Readool Books participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com