Step aside, juicing—souping is the newest way to build a better body and power your health, all while enjoying big bowls of soup filled with real, satisfying ingredients. Unlike high-sugar, low-fiber juice cleanses, souping is just the opposite—low sugar, high fiber, and filling!
Known as America’s get-real nutritionist Rachel Beller has created a transformative, science-based plan to help you detox and drop pounds without deprivation. You’ll find more than 50 delicious soup recipes and an easy 3-step action plan:
• 3-Day Detox: pure, clean souping to jump-start your weight loss
• 3-Week Transformation: shed up to 15 pounds with tasty soups and other healthy meals
• Maintenance Method: tips to keep you on this simple and sustainable plan
The best part: Power Souping will revolutionize the way you think about what you put in your body—for now and for life. You will get all the nutrients that you need—no crashing, no falling back into bad habits when the “diet” is done. With dozens of flavorful soups to choose from—hot and cold, sweet and savory, and numerous vegan and gluten-free options—Power Souping is not only a practical weight-loss method, but also a guide to feeling your amazing best.
So grab your spoon and get ready to transform your body—and your life.
From the Publisher
Green Pea, Asparagus, and Parsley Soup
Makes 6 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
A Hollywood favorite during award season among my celebrity clients, this tummy debloater is my delicious red-carpet-ready trick of the trade. The secret in this soup is the parsley, which helps flush out excess water from the body and keeps tummy bloat at bay. Plus, asparagus is rich in vitamins A, E, C, and K, and the green peas are high in protein and loaded with all types of B vitamins that may help energize you. I think of this trio of powergreens as a tasty multi-vitamin in a bowl!
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the leeks and sauté for 4 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in the peas and asparagus and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes longer.
5. Carefully place half of the soup in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth, then return it to the pot.
6. Add the parsley (and thyme, if desired) and stir well to combine.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
– Calories: 210
– Fat: 3g
– Sodium: 200mg
– Carbs: 36g
– Fiber: 12g
– Sugar: 13g
– Protein: 13g
Here’s What You Need:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1½ cups chopped leeks
8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
6 cups frozen green peas
2 bunches of asparagus (30 to 40 stalks), tough ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
Himalayan salt or sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Optional: 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (stir in with the parsley)
Power Souping: 3-Day Detox, 3-Week Weight-Loss Plan
Readool Books participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com