Enjoy classic Mediterranean cookbook recipes straight from your slow cooker with The Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook.
This delectable Mediterranean cookbook gives you over 100 simple and filling meals packed with the fresh vegetables, fruits, fish, whole grains and heart-healthy fats traditional to Greece, Italy, and Spain. By making Mediterranean cookbook recipes in your slow cooker, you will not only save time in the kitchen, but you will also create savory and wholesome meals fit for the whole family. This handy Mediterranean cookbook will show you how to easily create healthy slow cooker meals, even on a busy weeknight.
Let The Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook add delicious Mediterranean cookbook recipes to your menu, with:
101 Easy Mediterranean Recipes designed for the convenience of your slow cooker
Flavor Profiles of 5 different regions from the editors of the Mediterranean Cookbook
Helpful Tips on how to stock your pantry for successful slow cooker meals
Recipes in this Mediterranean cookbook include: Mediterranean Beef Stew, Eggplant Parmigiana, and Chocolate Hazelnut Bread Pudding, and much more!
With simple recipes and flavorful ingredients, The Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook will bring savory, Mediterranean flavors to your plate–and extra time to your day.
From the Publisher
1. Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch slices. Place in a large bowl in layers, sprinkling each layer with salt. Let stand 30 minutes to drain excess moisture, and then blot dry with paper towels.
2. In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the stock and flour until smooth. Dip the eggplant slices in the batter, letting excess drip off.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil for frying in a large, deep skillet. Quickly saute the eggplant, a few slices at a time, in hot olive oil, about 2 minutes. Cook the eggplant in batches, adding more olive oil for frying to the pan as necessary. Set aside the eggplant on paper towel–lined plates.
4. Combine the seasoned bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, garlic, oregano, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and the white wine.
6. In the slow cooker, spread the ingredients in even layers in this order: one-fourth of the eggplant slices, one-fourth of the bread crumbs, one-fourth of the tomato mixture, and one fourth of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat, making three more layers of the eggplant, bread crumbs, tomato mixture, and mozzarella.
7. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, until the eggplant is very tender. Serve hot, or as a snack at room temperature.
The Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook: A Mediterranean Cookbook with 101 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Readool Books participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com